Tuesday, January 10, 2012

His plans, not mine

Isaiah 48:17
This is what the LORD says—
   your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the LORD your God,
   who teaches you what is best for you,
   who directs you in the way you should go.
 If only you had paid attention to my commands,
   your peace would have been like a river,
   your well-being like the waves of the sea.
Your descendants would have been like the sand,
   your children like its numberless grains;
their name would never be blotted out
   nor destroyed from before me.”



Heard on the radio today about plans. How often times we make plans in which we know we can carry out on our own. But sometimes maybe that is robbing God of His glory. He might have definitely has different, bigger, so amazing and marvelous plans.

I believe God plants ideas in our hearts and minds and I know I often grab them and think “OHH GOOD IDEA!” and then turn around and try to figure out how to do it… and eventually I alter, squash, compress, and minimize the plans God has. So now, I am able to accomplish this task God has put in front of me. But now it’s not His, I’ve made it mine, and it’s a lot different and not so good anymore.  So maybe it was never mine to start with! Of course it wasn’t!!!!....It was HIS. And it would have been so amazing if I hadn't changed everything. And I would have seen His hands move, and I would have grown closer to Him through seeking His will and becoming dependant on Him. It becomes easy for us to underestimate His power. We have become so dependent on ourselves and shove God to the backburner in our lives until we think we need Him. I wonder what it would be like to step back and let God shape the plans and for us to just simply walk in obedience… to “walk down the path that God has laid out right in front of us.” Instead, I am straying from the path, no, it’s more like running wild away from His direction, lost in the woods, and then I fall into a raging river and then I realize… “Ooops, this isn’t quite right.” I should let His seemingly impossible plans just be… be as He intended. And we can't do it on our own, to carry out those plans, to accomplish His goals. But isn't that the point!? I think what He wants is for me to just look to Him, let Him lead the way, and just follow and praise Him.  Praise Him for allowing me to have a small part of His plans, to be used as His hands and feet, but mostly to just see His work, to feel His sweet spirit, to see lives changes, and to magnify and glorify His great name. I want to watch HIM put the pieces together, and I will know, and I will see, that it was His hands and I will praise Him! I will know that it was all His doing, and not mine. His plans will result in such magnificent and beautiful things that the only thing I can do is step back in look in awe of what He's done and praise Him. All the honor and glory will go straight to Him. Yes. I want to see His plans, not mine. It's all about you, Jesus. 

Thankful that God used K love on the radio today to lovingly put me back on the path!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength

Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path.

Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;


1 comment:

  1. I definitely needed to read this. Thank you for sharing. God has shown me a glimpse of His plan... and I just want to take it and run with it... but I know I'll end up stumbling through the forest and falling headfirst into a raging river if I try and do things my way. This came as a very timely reminder to trust God and rely on His timing. To wait for Him to direct my steps and show me the course. I'm so grateful that He allows me to be a small part of His plan... and I'm even more grateful that he doesn't leave me to figure things out on my own. Love Prov. 3:5-6, but often forget to remember it. Thank you, Jenni! :)

    ReplyDelete